(If you attended one of my trainings and you’re here looking for the build-your-own-private-practice-website power point, please know I’ve only archived it into a crappy youtube, and, with that full informed consent, click here.)
As of September 2019, I am not taking on any new supervisees at this time.
The fee for supervision of LPC interns is $60 per fifty-minute session at my office in NW Portland.
I’ve had considerable experience working in local agency settings as well as in navigating the ins-and-outs of starting a private practice. (Which forms go where? Which hours technically count? How do I get on insurance panels? How do I market myself? How do I get a better job?) Wherever you’re working (or planning on working) in Portland, I likely know something about the culture you’re working with and how to navigate that culture’s expectations.
I’m available for consultation for LPC interns in the state of Oregon, and have particular experience on these topics:
- Feeling stuck or struggling to provide ethical counseling within an institution/agency
- Having trouble communicating needs with agency supervisors
- Thinking through the way you’d like to use your theoretical orientation with particular clients
- Thinking through offering therapeutic groups (your motivations, therapeutic expectations, billing requirements, etc)
- RentWell programming (or alternative ways of assisting chronically homeless clients with obtaining permanent housing)
- Advanced person-centered/Rogerian techniques
- Planning toward continuing your education (finding conferences, workshops, etc)
I am open to your unique expression of your theoretical orientation – and I want to help you find your best way to support your clients and your community (and yourself!). I’m passionate about helping newcomers to the field find their way toward thriving.
I am active in the Portland counseling community and work to stay up-to-date on research. I regularly volunteer my time with and donate funds to social justice-oriented non-profits whose missions I trust (e.g., Living Yoga, Outside In, William Temple House, the ACLU, the National Network of Abortion Funds, RAICES).